August 09, 2005

Twitterpated

I had a plan. It went something like: submit first draft of thesis to advisor on day before advisor goes into the field where he has no access to e-mail and therefore no way to contact me; enjoy a relaxing ten days off from thesis-writing because there's really nothing to be done until advisor returns. This plan started to go awry when I finished chapter two early enough to give it to advisor five days before his departure. Then I finished chapter one a day early and sent it in. The plan began to unravel further when I received chapter two back before he left. The plan came completely undone when I discovered chapter one sitting in my inbox last night. I guess he got to e-mail before he got to the island. There goes my ten days of no-thesis-writing-luxury.

What's really astonishing is that upon reviewing the manuscripts, I've realized how little work I have left to do. It might take a day to finish up chapter one and a few more to make changes to chapter two. That means I'll have them back to him when he gets back, therefore not giving him a break just like he didn't give me one. Given how quickly he's able to turn these things around, it's likely that I'll be able to send a draft to my committee by the end of the month. And, here's the really big news, defend my thesis before the wedding.

Yes, that's right: I think I'll be able to defend my thesis before the wedding.

Do you have any idea how phenomenally fantastically awesomely wonderful that would be??? I would be DONE, almost completely, before the wedding. Afterwards, I would have some formatting to take care of and some printing up and turning in of the final thing. But that's it. There wouldn't be any more stress and panic. That part would be over. Over as in done. Done as in no more. As in over. Gasp.

This realization left me all twitterpated last night: I felt like someone was running a light electric current through my innards. After realizing just how wound up I was and that Z's deep-breating-hippy-visualization did nothing to calm the rising nervous excitment, I took half a xanax. I slept fairly well but when I woke up, I was A-wake.

Oh my. Done. What a wonderful sound that word has to it.

1 comment:

e said...

if you want i can lend you some wite-out.